Free Y memberships and programs for all Missoula County 6th graders.
Active 6 Afterschool Club provides middle schoolers with opportunities to engage onsite at their own school with YMCA staff and volunteers. Expect to get your heart rate up, enjoy a healthy snack, and discover new ways to be active with your peers.
Sign up is ongoing throughout the year. Scroll below to get started! Students may register starting in June before their 6th grade year. Membership is good through August after their 6th grade year.
At a Glance:
- Free for all Missoula County 6th graders
- Missoula Y Youth Memberships
- Active 6 dri-fit T-shirt
- Free after school activities (2023-24 details coming soon!)
*Offered during the school year only. No programming on school holidays.
2023–24 Program Sessions
- Sessions 1: October 12–November 21
- Sessions 2: November 27–December 21
- Sessions 3: January 2–March 15
- Sessions 4: March 25–May 24
Locations & Days
- Meadow Hill Middle School: Mondays from 3:00–5:00 p.m.
- Washington Middle School: Tuesdays from 3:00–5:00 p.m.
- Hellgate Middle School: Wednesdays from 3:00–5:00 p.m.
- The YMCA: Thursdays from 3:00–4:30 p.m. (open to all Missoula middle schoolers)
- C.S. Porter Middle School: Fridays from 3:00–5:00 p.m. (Transportation to neighborhood elementary schools available after program)
Free. Registration required*. Open to grade 6.
*Activate your membership by filling out the sign-up form below. Once your membership is active, come back to this page to register for your preferred Active 6 program session.
Complete the form below to start the sign up process! Please allow 2–3 business days for your membership to be activated.
After your membership is activated you will be able to register for program sessions here or at our welcome center.