Missoula YMCA Construction Updates
We are leading a county-wide effort to raise funds to remodel the Russell Street campus and make vital improvements that will allow us to double our child care capacity, continue to support Missoula’s growing workforce, create diverse and safe spaces that meet the needs of our community’s families, and so much more.
Construction started June 2023. Our Y is committed to your health and wellbeing, and our doors will remain open. We will be undergoing a phased construction process to ensure that you continue to have access to the important programs and services you rely on to live your healthiest life.
Check back for regular updates. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Construction Updates (last updated September 2, 2023)
- We were thrilled to host a groundbreaking ceremony on June 1 for new our early child care building!
- Our two back locker rooms and two private changing rooms are now closed. The front two locker rooms. Scroll below for details.
- Our Health & Wellness Center has been temporarily relocated during center renovations.
- Parking closures are now in effect for two lots. Scroll below for details.
- This is a phased, 25-month construction process. The YMCA's doors will remain open the entire time.
- Construction on the new early child care center is going on now and is expected to be completed in 2024. The Development Center will remain open during the entire process.
- Renovations on the two back locker rooms is going on now. Members will continue to have access to the front two locker rooms, which include changing areas, showers, and lockers.
- There are now several temporary construction walls throughout our facility, including in our back hallway. Our elevator, which is remains open to members, is currently located behind a temporary construction wall. Please stop by the Welcome Center and ask for staff assistance to access the elevator.
- Our Health & Wellness Center is currently undergoing renovations. Equipment, fitness classes, and dedicated workout space will be available throughout this phase.
- Locker room closures are now in effect for the back two locker rooms. The front two locker rooms remain open.
- The Women's Locker Room is now the front locker room (closest to the Welcome Center). Boys ages 6 and under may use the Women's Locker Room when accompanied by a parent/guardian. To offer respect for all ages, we recommend that you utilize changing stalls whenever possible.
- The Men's Locker Room is now the middle locker room (immediately following the new Women's Locker Room). Girls ages 6 and under may use the Men's Locker Room when accompanied by a parent/guardian. To offer respect for all ages, we recommend that you utilize changing stalls whenever possible.
- Anyone wishing for additional privacy should use the private changing stalls on the 2nd floor.
- Starting August 30, our Health & Wellness Center will operate out of the following temporary locations:
- Cardio: Functional Training Room
- Weights: Blue Gym
- Group Fitness Classes: Big Gym
- Group Cycling Classes: Conference Room
- Some parking closures are now in effect during Phase 1 of construction.
- The lots immediately north and directly southeast of the main Y facility are closed.