Missoula YMCA Construction Updates
We are leading a county-wide effort to raise funds to remodel the Russell Street campus and make vital improvements that will allow us to double our child care capacity, continue to support Missoula’s growing workforce, create diverse and safe spaces that meet the needs of our community’s families, and so much more.
Construction started June 2023 with ground breaking on June 1, 2023, for our new child care building. Our Y is committed to your health and wellbeing. The YMCA's doors will remain open the entire time. We will are undergoing a 25-month phased construction process to ensure that you continue to have access to the important programs and services you rely on to live your healthiest life.
Check back for regular updates. Questions? Email email@example.com.
Current Construction (last updated November 2023)
- Construction on the new early child care center is going on now and is expected to be completed in 2024. The Development Center will remain open during the entire process.
- Renovations on the back locker room space is going on now. Member continue to have access to the front two locker rooms, which include changing areas, showers, and lockers.
- There are now several temporary construction walls throughout our facility, including in our back hallway. Our elevator, which is remains open to members, is currently located behind a temporary construction wall. Please stop by the Welcome Center and ask for staff assistance to access the elevator.
Area Closures (last updated November 2023)
- Locker room closures are now in effect for the back two locker rooms. The front two locker rooms remain open.
- The Women's Locker Room is now the front locker room (closest to the Welcome Center). Boys ages 6 and under may use the Women's Locker Room when accompanied by a parent/guardian. To offer respect for all ages, we recommend that you utilize changing stalls whenever possible.
- The Men's Locker Room is now the middle locker room (immediately following the new Women's Locker Room). Girls ages 6 and under may use the Men's Locker Room when accompanied by a parent/guardian. To offer respect for all ages, we recommend that you utilize changing stalls whenever possible.
- Anyone wishing for additional privacy should use the private changing stalls on the 2nd floor.
Area Reopening Dates (last updated January 2024)
- Construction crews are putting the finishing touches on the new locker room. The opening date is pending on the arrival of new benches, lockers, and entry doors. We are working to get these parts to Missoula and installed as soon as possible. The Men's and Women's Locker Rooms will remain open.
- A new community space for members is set to open in Spring 2024.
Parking Updates (last updated December 2023)
- Some parking closures are now in effect during Phase 1 of construction.
- The lots immediately north and directly southeast of the main Y facility are closed.
- There are several parking spots reserved Monday–Friday from 4:00–6:00 p.m. for YMCA Development Center student pickup. These spots are marked with signage. Please be mindful when parking during these hours.