Membership Benefits & FAQs
When you join the Y, you're joining more than a gym—you're joining a community of people dedicated to building a stronger, healthier Missoula for all!
The Missoula Y is a nonprofit charity committed to helping everyone thrive at each stage of life.
We are committed to providing a welcoming, inclusive space for all.
As a Y member or participant, you can feel confident being a part of an organization that deeply cares for the well-being of all in our community. We are committed to Youth Development, Health Living, and Social Responsibility. Together, we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race, or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity.
We'd love for you to become a part of our Y community! We offer a variety of membership options to help you and your family meet your health goals. Join online or stop by the Missoula Y at 3000 S. Russell St.
Whether you join online or in-person, you will need to pay an enrollment fee and your first month of dues. A valid photo ID is required on your first visit.
Have additional questions? Our team is here to help! Contact our Welcome Center staff at 721-9622.
We never require a contract at the Missoula Y! Our memberships operate on a month-to-month basis.
Learn more about Y membership options.
Yes! Financial assistance is available for Y membership and programs.
We also offer the following special rates on membership:
- Student: $10 off the Enrollment Fee and $10 off/mo for full-time enrolled students ages 19+.
- Senior: $10 off the Enrollment Fee and $8 off/mo on any membership with at least one active member age 65+.
- Military: $10 off the Enrollment Fee and $10 off/mo on any membership with at least one active member who is active duty military or a US veteran.
- Child Care: $0 Enrollment Fee and 50% off Family or Household memberships for families currently enrolled in the Learning Center or Development Center.
- Swim Team: $0 Enrollment Fee and $10 off/mo Youth memberships for youth currently enrolled in the Missoula YMCA Swim Team (MYST).
Yes! Children ages 6 weeks–7 years may be dropped off in our Child Watch Center*. Children ages 7+ may use select areas of our Y including the pool, basketball gyms, and the Commons. Children in grades 6+ may use our Health & Wellness Center after completing a free Jump Start orientation.
Check our online schedule or app for our current open swim, open gym, and open climb times.
*Child Watch is for all active Y members. Day and month passes are available for non-members.
Yes! We encourage our members to introduce their friends, family, and colleagues to the Missoula Y!
Family and Household Memberships include four guest passes per year. All other membership types include two guest passes per year. Day passes are also available for purchase.
A valid photo ID is required for all guests ages 18+.
Yes! We offer $10 off the Enrollment Fee and $10 off/mo on any membership type. Your membership account must have at least one active member who is active duty military or a US veteran.
Yes! Nationwide Membership allows you to visit other YMCAs nationwide while continuing to belong to a Home Y.* Nationwide Membership is included in your Missoula Y membership. Stop by the Missoula Y to enroll in Nationwide Membership.
*Your Home Y is the Y that you attend most frequently and pay your dues to. Nationwide Members who split their time—college students and seasonal residents—are encouraged to contact the Y they use most frequently to determine their Home Y.
- Men's Locker Room
- Women's Locker Room
- Family & Program Locker Room Open to families. Please use private stalls when changing and showering. This is a shared, non-nude community space.
- Shared Community Locker Room Open to everyone. Please use private stalls when changing and showering. This is a shared, non-nude community space.
Lockers are available for day use. You may bring your own lock or check one out at our Welcome Center. We also offer a monthly locker rental option for $10/mo. Lockers are located in all locker rooms as well as in our Health & Wellness Center.
Yes! The Missoula Y has four all-gender, single-stall restrooms that have grab bars and baby changing stations. All-gender restrooms are located on the first and second floors.
All members will need to sign our Facility Agreements before using the Y. These agreements are our Inherent Risk Waiver, Nationwide Membership Waiver, and YMCA Code of Conduct. Our Multimedia Waiver is optional.
The Y's facility is closed on the following days:
- New Year's Day (half-day closure on New Year's Eve)
- Easter Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4
- Memorial Day
- Annual Facility Closure (August/September; exact dates announced annually)
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day (half-day closure on Christmas Eve)